WHATS FOR LUNCH?BTPELC MENU
BTP MEALS FOR KIDS
The early years are really important when it comes to establishing healthy behaviours – they pave the way for a lifetime of health and wellbeing. At Build Teach Play, we understand how important our role is in terms of encouraging and facilitating these healthy behaviours.
Our Childcare Menu
Our childcare menu changes every week and includes a range of nutritious and culturally diverse choices (See our menu). We provide morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, snacks, milk and water. Our meals are cooked in- house each day, using wholefoods with a focus on seasonal fresh produce, locally sourced were possible. Our menu is created to give kids the balanced nutrition they need to fuel their days in childcare and ensure optimal growth and development.
At BTP our food choices and menu design is based on the Get Up and Grow Australian Government Guidelines and provides recommended servings of the 5 basic food groups:
- Vegetables and legumes/beans
- Grain (cereal) foods, mostly wholegrain and/or high cereal fibre varieties such as bread, cereal, rice, pasta, noodles, oats, quinoa and barley
- Lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, and legumes/beans
- Milk, yoghurt, cheese and/or alternatives.
Our meal planning considers different ages, dietary requirements, and cultural differences in our weekly menus:
- Infants over the age of 6 months are provided homemade iron-rich foods, and meals and snacks of progressing texture according to their age
- Children with allergies or dietary restrictions are provided with appropriate substitutes of foods and drinks
- Our menu includes a variety of meals from different cultures and a variety of tastes, colours, textures, and flavours
If you have any questions about our menu or approach to childhood nutrition, please contact us.